AUzIPjBYWAeqQ5UpYIvV90wMfjU

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

My Life with a PE Blood Clot dx 5/07/2021

 I was of average health, a bit overweight(not a lot but enough), high BP (hereditary) and anemic. My life changed on May 7th 2021 after seeing my heart doctor and noting that I had this weird nagging pain in my left lung(for a week) and a heaviness in my chest. I was sent to the CT scan to rule out anything of concern. I drove home and while making my kids dinner (chicken and rice) the phone rang it was the doctor telling me to get to the hospital ASAP and my life stopped. So did dinner. So did my ability to comprehend what I was being told. Upon being at the hospital they took a lot of blood, did a lot of xrays, talked to me but never did I realize what was happening nor what was ultimately wrong and how serious I was. 



I stayed in the ER while awaiting my transfer upstairs to a room with a nurse view, semi comfy bed that moved and shook when it felt needed. The food they served was amazing and I realized how much of a life change I needed to make. I was given medication by IV and said we will wait and see what was needed next. To a person who never really had to stay in a hospital this was scary but even then I was in denial. Denial of knowing how sick I really was (am) . The CT scan showed a Mod sized clot in my lower right lung, was dx as chronic clot possible lung and heart damage (but too early to determine theextent). I stayed in the cardiac care unit till May 9th(yep I missed family gathering for mothers Day). That day began my Xarelto journey.



The first week home was tough. I had trouble breathing and catching my breath. My O2 was low and my pulse was low. I went through bouts of fasting because i could not stomach food. As mentioned before I made BIG changes #1 my diet no fast food add Cayenne and Tumeric to my diet, NO SODA and follow a heart healthy low cal/carb diet. OK I am not a guinea pig and salads are not my friend so I chose to look into fish (salmon patties) and chicken patties(plant based) lots of water, some salad and pay attention what I put in my mouth. After 3rd week I could go for walks on my own without feeling like I would pass out. By week 6 I got in the pool for some aquatic time. I had to learn to listen to my body which gets tired fast.



I am now 4 months out on my journey. I still have to take naps (weird) or I cannot sleep at night. I still live on a heart healthy diet. I still take walks and do exercise. I still have had no soda. I have trouble maintaining my potassium (taking Klor). 

Survivor? Yes I have survived 4 months!! I will win this fight!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment